Once you completed these step you are ready to being programming a unique engine identifier into each of the TMCC Locomotives in your fleet.
Every Command-equipped locomotive comes factory-programmed with TMCC ID of 1. You may wish to assign a new ID#, using any number from 1 through 98. To make it easy to remember, try using part of the locomotive cab number. For example, assign your Lionel F3 no. 2343 to "#23" or "#43." We will use 23 in our example.
Here’s how to give a Command-equipped locomotive its new ID#.
- Make sure the Command Base is ON.
- Holding the locomotive, slide its control switch to the PRG, PROG or PROGRAM setting.
- Place the locomotive on track and power up your railroad.
- Using CAB-1L, press ENG, press 2 and 3.
- Press and release the SET button located under the removable panel on CAB-1L. The horn or whistle will blow or the headlight flash. This confirms your new ID #.
- Power down your railroad.
- Slide the switch back to RUN and you’re ready to go.
Follow the same procedure with your remaining locomotives setting each engine to a unique ID#.